Helping GI Joe Search & Rescue get back on track with their website

Case study, Emergency

On Friday we completed a short but important emergency assignment: getting the GI Joe Search & Rescue team's website back online. The website was moved to a new hosting company but wasn't feeling all right (the standard IIS 404 page greeted the visitors). This was especially problematic given that the team needed the website for their communication on the weekend.

That's when we got contacted on behalf of the team and started investigating. After checking the logs and verifying the integrity of the deployment we recognized the source of the error: although the site's database was seemingly restored all the tables were empty! Running the restore again fixed the database and thus solved the issue altogether.

Naturally we didn't charge the team for this emergency fix: they don't charge you when you need their help either!

2 Comments

  • James Valle said Reply

    I personally worked with Zoltan. He was extremely professional and patient. I cannot thank him enough for his patience. We had another company try to help us. After five hours, the website still did not work. Zoltan found the error in no time and had the search and rescue team up and running. I will be sending my clients to Zoltan.
    James Valle, CPA

  • G.I. Joe SAR said Reply

    The G.I. Joe Search and Rescue, we thank you for all your help. Our website is our main source of communication, without it, those who require our help would not be able to locate it for assistance. It is a crucial that our site is up at running at all times.

    WWW.GIJOESAR.ORG

Add a Comment